Saturday, September 24, 2011

True Story

I dressed up to go to bed. I put on my favorite black dress and painted my lips and eyes black. I put on my best jewlery and fixed my hair. Then I laid down on my bed. Flat on my back, arms folded across me. I'm waiting. I'm waiting for Eric Draven to come. Someone to hold me, protect, love and kiss me. To touch. Someone that will never leave me. I sit up and light a candle. I let the wax drip on to my arms. It hurts so much but I don't want to do anything about it. It left marks on my skin. This is true desperation. I've felt it before and I know. I blow the candle out because I can see my shadow on the wall. It's ugly. It's a horrible birthmark of my state. Parents are no help. School. That's all they want from me. Where are you Eric? I made myself beautiful for you. Dressed to impress the shadows. But all there is is my own. I hate it all so much. Living. It's endless. I want to die. But I can't. I can't because I have to work. I feel trapped. Someone help me... even though I know I'll drown. But at least I look pretty. I set the candle on the window and leave it open. Someone come and love me and take me. Someone come and take me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment