Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ian draft 2

For Better or For Worse
Margaret Middlebrooks draft 2
You died before I spoke my first words.
Dead to me before I was forced into the world.
Ian you should mean absolutely nothing to me.
But you mean everything.
I shouldn’t want to touch your face and look into those eyes.
The eyes of isolation.
So blue.
So clear.
I shouldn’t want to be near your voice.
The voice that carries the souls of lost children.
To the hollows of their own personal hells.
And then leave us there to rot for awhile.
Different colors,
Different shades.
Duration oh so plain to see.
A loaded gun won’t set you free.
Those words, your words, fill my trembling body..
I’m waiting for the day you can come and take me away.
I’ve been waiting for a guide to come and take me by the hand.
Because it makes me feel the pleasures of a normal man.
Physicality isn’t needed for you.
Just tossed away your flesh and bone,
Like a phoenix rising from ash.
Now you are the stars.
For better or for worse.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful mind reflects rather than absorbs,brill mate!

    ReplyDelete