Saturday, August 20, 2011

Jars

Give me happy and I'll keep it in a jar under my bed and take it out on rainy days, sad days, mad days, whatever.

Happy will glow like the color of fire flies in the summer.

Give me sadness and I'll keep it in a broken jar and it will be blue.

I'll toss the cracked jar in the water, watch it sink, then go up to my room and pull out happy.

I'll put the jar in my bag and take it back and forth.

Then one day I'll go swimming, with the jar of happy in my pocket, and step on shards of sad.

And then I wil grab sad and it's broken jar and swim up with happy in my pocket and sad in my hand.

Go back up to my room, and pull out other jars.

One is red because I got mad at you.

Another is green because I hated you.

This one is white because I don't have anything to say to you.

I like all my jars under my bed.

Even the broken one.

On my birthday, give me another jar of happy and it'll glow like fire flies again and I'll put it under my bed.

1 comment:

  1. Happy is sweetest when shared and brighter than bright when given..Cheers!

    ReplyDelete