Wednesday, January 11, 2012

In Another Place

My dad is not here now.


He is in some other place,

Another river in the ocean of time.


He is not here.

He is not in 2012 on 7:09 P.M.


Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young flood our ears.

And I glance over.


I wish I had his eyes.

Blue and watery like the ocean he adores so much.


We listen to Helpless.

I hear his Southern accent come out in his off key voice

But its hard to keep in time with Young.


So it is forgiven.


But he isn't Helpless.

Or here right now.


He's in another place,

Somewhere before I was born,

Waltzing with the Country Girl.


And, I love to watch him dream.

Although it saddens me to know,

That he will be thrown back into reality.


Back into the cold country road we travel to go home. And though your confidence may be shattered... What does it matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment