Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Jeff

Dear Jeff,

Funny. Real funny. I don't really know you, and yet, I know you well enough to call you husband. I've seen you, but I haven't really seen you. I get exicted when I come home from school, knowing that I'll talk to you soon. Knowing that you'll listen and make my day a lot better by making me laugh at myself and the adventures I tell you, small adventures though. But, adventures, none the less.

This is really hard to write. I thought about something funny, but then it would seem like I'm trying too hard and you appreciate honesty more than a half ass attempt at something clever. So, here it is.

It's valentines day here, as you know. Today is your yesterday, as you also know. Sometimes I feel like I bother you... talking to you all the time. I keep at it anyway, though. I don't think you mind now since it's been around two years. It feels a lot longer then that!

When I'm away from mothers nest I will send you all the things I mean to send you. I'll wrap them up as best I can and tie it with a red ribbion best I can and send it on it's way. I have a feeling, though, you'll end up liking this more. To me, this little letter dosn't do our friendship any sort of justice. It dosn't mean much to be at all and I feel like I should do more and I will do more when the time comes. But I feel like you'll like this.

I remember when I first met you. I made a little film, it wasn't much but you liked it. Naturally, being much too curious, I proded. I wanted to know who the person was to like what I was saying... or trying to say. I thought "Who in the world could So the minitues became hours and hours became days.

And through that, we became friends. And even beyond that, a terrible excuse of mock lovers! But, I like none the less.

Well, that's all I can think of. Thank you for all the listenings you gave, the good and bad (mostly the latter!) influences, the thoughts, the music, the ponderings. You are, and always will be, one of my closest friends.

Love always,
Margaret.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to be your friend! Happy to listen! And lucky in a serendipitous way to have found you!

    ReplyDelete