Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oh Harlequin, Oh Harlequin (To be continued... maybe.)

Late night and I still don't feel like sleeping. The Sandman won't come to me and there is nothing on T.V. I creep, my sock covered feet, to my room. White walls, minus a few, some would say Gothic ordimants hanging on the wall.

I laid in bed and covered my head and heard about a harlequin who loved a girl, some valentine's ago. I got jealous. I wanted a heart nailed to my door, and a cane that went ratta-tat-tat. I had, none of those things. I wallowed for a moment. then I heard the same ratta-tat-tat-ing on my window.

It was dark, and any normal girl would have been worried and ran to mommy. But I'm no normal girl. I'm not scared of the dark. I like the dark actually. In any case, I lifted up the window. And lo! What did I see? Harlequin had come for me!

"Do you come to all the sleepless ladies or am I lucky?" I inquired with a whisper. He said nothing. Instead, he leapt about my room with the grace of birds in flight, smooth and easy. Red and yellow ribbons flashed, and he laughed. He did a handstand on my table and looked at me upside down. "My life, my columbine." he said, did a flip, and a bow with a flourish. "I would curtsy, but I wear no dress."

I rubbed my sleep-less eyes and, mocked a bow instead. "You have poor taste in women, Harlequin." "Do I?" he sat on the table, cross legged. "I think so. There are plenty of other women, willing to give them self's up easy." "I don't like easy things to get. They're boring. You're not so quick to give your heart and I enjoy the chance to hunt it from you under this February moon. Now, lay back in bed. I have a gift for you." I can assure you now, that it was not as perverted as it sounded. I did as I was told. With a wave of hands he made butterflies dance.

In truth, I was in awe but... I was not yet willing. "I thank you Harlequin but... I am not willing." He sat on the edge of my bed. "I know." a smile spread across his face. "You can always try again!" I said, laughing slightly at my state. "I will time and time again. True love," he stood and balanced on my head board with his dimond covered shoes "Cannot be rushed." Then I was given a kiss and just as quickly as he came, he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment