Saturday, October 9, 2010

Waiting is the hardest part.

I woke up this morning and obediently ran to my record player. Croucnhing down I put the needle on Dylan and so began another day of waiting. The words "I'm SO close...." flashes on and off in my brain like a neon. I looked over to the window ledge. The candle I had left burning last night had died and its remains were a green waxy glow. Happy Birthday John Lennon. You are 70 years old today. The sky glowed a bright fall blue. Excitement ran threw my body at the coming weather. I love winter and fall. The process of my vanity took over as i fixed my hair. It annoyed me but I did it anyway. Blaring "Absolutely Sweet Marie" I fell back on my bed. Waiting. Waiting for that time when I'd surely find someone willing enough to share there joint. When he would brake down and finally play it. After years of going and going threw heart brake he would play it. I know he won't see me but its all I got. Just a little bit of faith. Oooohh Mama, can this really be the end? To be stuck inside of Mobil with the Memphis blues again? I guess Tom Petty was right... the waiting is the hardest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment