Monday, December 6, 2010

Missing

I hated it. All of it.

Every inch of my body yelled at me for letting you go... even when we both know you didn't want to.

My bed was empty, dark, and cold.

Your scent lingered on my bed frame and my sheets.

Slowly pulling me into the unsettling hope that at any moment you will walk into my solitary state and fill my empty head.

Your face was soft at twilight. So angelic in its place.

This new emotion I entered was lovely, dark and deep.

But I have many a dream to dream before you are back to me.

Back to a person that no one else seems to know but me.

Before you are back with a part of me no one else will ever see...in the coldness of early morning.

Yet in bleak December wind we stay safe and warm.

Snuggled as lambs in a can of soup.

And so I lay missing in an empty bed.

And so I long for your warmth so I can rest my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment