Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yesterday (A Poem for John Lennon)

I didn't want to go to school today.

I didn't want to wake up.

If I could lay in a dream of yesterday for the rest of today.

Then you'd be alive.

You would be alive.

If I closed my eyes.

And my days would be brighter.

And my heart would beat faster.

I miss the yesterdays that I never saw.

Yesterdays that I never walked apon.

A yesterday where I could actualy feel you right here.

Right now.

But that was yesterday.

And this is today.

Oh, I believe in a million yesterdays.

And If I close my eyes.

You're still alive.

1 comment:

  1. He wouldn't want your grief child,only your love. He wouldn't want your hate for Chapman either,only forgiveness. Jealousy drove pathetic madness to murder. You are better than that I hope. Heartfelt and well said, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete