Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tangled

The girl told me her feelings and I was glad. We laid on my bed and listend to Neil Young in the dawn of night.

And then perhaps a light year later, I woke up and she was on the floor, digging threw my albums. I watched her with glazed eyes not from drunkeness.. hardly that. My eyes were glazed from being in the dark so long. From being without whatever we gave each other for so long. She picked out a Dylan album.

I had to show her how to put it on the needle. She was new to records. We sat there dumbfounded as Dylan spoke of Isis. She played it over and over again. I thought I was the only one who could sit there for hours and hear the cowboy tell his story.

It seemed the night lasted forever even when dawn began the day. Even when dawn began the day we knew she couldn't stay. But we stayed in each others arms anyway. Two dumbfounded kids in the same bed. I told her I loved her then she kissed my head. Even when she left that day... she was still there. Tangled in my jacket, tangled in my hair.

1 comment:

  1. I likes it very much. Then again I always love your stuff <3

    ReplyDelete